FROG IT Services is an IT service and support company based in Cambridge. We specialise in providing a full range of IT support and telephony solutions services to small and medium sizes businesses based, typically, within 2 hours of Cambridge.
FROG was established in ??? and is a family run business. Over this time, we have built up a formidable expertise in both Microsoft on-site and cloud solutions as well as knowledge of a range of bespoke systems that our customers use to run their businesses.
Working for FROG
As part of our IT Support team you will be required to help to provide online help-desk support, carry out on-site visits and proactive systems monitoring. You will assist the team in providing our customers with essential, professional IT and telecoms advice and hands on assistance.
IT Support Technicians
We are currently looking for multiple IT support technicians to join our team of IT Engineers servicing our loyal customer base. We are looking for friendly, approachable, enthusiastic individuals, who have a genuine interest in computers, are happy working on their own and as part of a team.
Key typical aspects of these positions will include:
• Installing, configuring and management of Windows Server, Windows OS, Active Directory and Office packages
• Installing, configuring and management of Office 365, Exchange Server and mobile email services
• A knowledge of Cisco or Juniper products would be an advantage (Cisco ASA)
• Investigating hardware and software issues
• knowledge of networking and IP protocols (TCP, SMTP, DNS)
• Cloud Services experience e.g. AWS, Azure
• Visiting customers to provide support, install and maintaining equipment
• Providing technical support via telephone and use of remote control software
• Providing technical support to our sales team
• Updating the service records and support ticketing systems
• Maintaining accurate documentation records
• Knowledge of ISO27001/Cyber Essentials would be advantageous
We will consider each application for this position on their merits. We accept that some of the most gifted technical individuals do not enter this industry via formal academic paths. If you believe you have the skills and / or experience but lack the qualifications, tell us why you would thrive in this role.
Microsoft or Cisco qualifications would be an advantage but not essential. This role will suit someone who wishes to have control of their work and provide a first-class service from start to finish.
You will have a demonstrable background of implementing and supporting Windows Server (2008, 2012, 2016), Exchange servers and Office 365 as well as PC’s, backup solutions, firewalls (Cisco knowledge an advantage) and other associated software. Your skills will include troubleshooting common issues involved with the Microsoft suite of applications, profiles, PC hardware, as well as server administration.
Full driving licence is essential. Salary will be from £24-30k depending upon knowledge and experience and will include the use of a car to travel to customer sites as necessary.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: £24,000.00 to £30,000.00 /year dependant on experience